MEET THE TEAM
Dr. Janelle Murphy
B.Sc., N.D., Clinic Founder
Dr. Janelle Murphy has advanced clinical training in various treatment strategies, but her true passion lies in treating cancer and chronic diseases, including chronic pain and neurological conditions. One of Dr. Murphy's goals is to help you achieve optimal health by using a combination of individualized methods. Dr. Murphy's education has taught her the value of an integrative approach to patient care. She holds a Doctorate from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine where she completed 4 years of schooling in a variety of naturopathic disciplines as well as clinical training. Dr. Murphy completed her Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology at the University of Lethbridge. In her internship year, Dr. Murphy was on the Adjunctive Cancer shift at the Robert Schad Naturopathic Clinic. She is a member of the College of Naturopathic Doctors of Alberta, the Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors and the British Columbia Naturopathic Association.
- Integrative Therapies for Naturopathic Oncology – 3rd Annual Conference
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians – 4th Annual Conference
- Therapeutics Collaboration Education – Pharmacology upgrading course
- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine – Pharmacy Certification Exam
- The Natural Oncology Masterclass 2 – Health Masters
- Integrative Oncology: Concepts & Strategies for Clinical Practice – Lise Alschuler
- Marsden Clinic of Naturopathic Excellence Integrative Oncology Workshop
- Intravenous Therapeutics – Dr. Paul Saunders
- Intravenous Emergency Procedures – Naturomedic
- Hyperbaric Medicine Team Training – International ATMO
- Biopuncture Injectable Therapies – Pascoe Canada
- Heavy Metal Toxicology, Clinical Chelation: EDTA, DMPS, DMSA and Complementary Treatment – International IV Nutritional Therapies for Professionals
- Dr. Frank Shallenberger’s Ozone Therapy Training & Certification Course – “The Essentials of Natural Medicine”
- Hydro Colonic Therapy Training – Seattle Institute of Colon Hydrotherapy
- Metabolic Balance – Metabolic Balance Certified Coach
- PRP concentration and utilization- Dr. Kevin Davidson
- Prolotherapy training and certification- Dr. Kevin Davidson
- Klinghart Academy- Various Lyme treatment strategy seminars
Dr. Craig Pearce
BSc, MD, PhD, FRCPC
Born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Dr. Pearce is an anesthesiologist, clinical researcher, and consultant to the Medical Cannabis industry. He completed his medical degree (1998) and residency in Anesthesia (2003) at the University of Calgary, shortly after completing a PhD in Physiology and Pharmacology (1997).
Currently, Dr. Pearce works as a Clinical Anesthesiologist with Alberta Health Services (AHS) and in various specialty clinics in Calgary. He has also held numerous administrative positions over the past decade as both Section and Department Head in the Department of Anesthesia with AHS. His clinical and research interests include applications in ambulatory anesthesia, and understanding the role of Medical Cannabis in the management of acute and complex chronic pain.
Dr. Pearce is actively involved in continuing medical education and presents on various topics such as pain management, clinical applications in ambulatory anesthesia, and recent developments in research and clinical use of Medical Cannabis. He is currently a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Calgary and actively involved in post-graduate medical education.
Outside of clinical and administrative duties, Dr. Pearce is the Chief Medical Officer and co-founder of MD Partners Ltd. (2011), a private medical consulting group and Chief Medical Officer for Livewell Foods (2016).
Dr. Marisa Hucal
Dr. Marisa Hucal is a licensed Naturopathic Doctor born and raised in Calgary, AB. She obtained her Bachelor of Biological Sciences with Honors at the University of Calgary. Dr. Hucal then completed her academic and clinical studies of Naturopathic Medicine at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in Vancouver, BC. Her approach to medicine is science based, yet naturally focused. Dr. Hucal is known to be transparent with her patients to facilitate a collaborative health environment that both empowers her patients and allows them to take the steps that resonate and feel attainable. Dr. Hucal’s healthcare model is one that is proactive rather than reactive, as she strives to optimize her patient’s wellbeing. Her clinical approach includes gathering a detailed health history, reinforced by any necessary labs and objective measures, to ensure well guided treatment plans that can be strategically monitored.
Although Dr. Hucal is trained as a general practitioner, her clinical interests are rooted in cardiovascular health optimization, including blood pressure management, cholesterol control, weight optimization, and cardiovascular support following cardiac events. Other interests include but aren’t limited to: stress management, digestive health, mental and emotional health, endocrine health, and men’s and women’s health.
Dr. Hucal offers a complimentary 15 minute consultation for those interested in care wanting to learn more.
- Acupuncture-Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- Naturopathic Osseous Manipulations- Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
- Intravenous Certifications- Dr. Stefan Kuprowsky
- Chelation and Advanced IV Therapies- Dr. Michael A. Prytula
- Prescribing Upgrade Course-Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine Clinical
- Emergency Procedures- Dr. Michael A. Prytula
- CPR HCP and AED Certification- ProSafe First Aid
- Metabolic Balance- Metabolic Balance Certified Coach
Erika Bell is not your typical Massage Therapist. In addition to her 2200 hour training at Mount Royal University, Erika's continuing education has included dynamic cupping (with silicone cups) and RAPID Neural Fascial Reset. Using a combination of the above with traditional massage, Erika helps her clients towards moving pain free and restoring their body's natural functions. Prior to completing her Massage Therapy program at Mount Royal University,
Erika worked as an administrative professional. She brings an awareness of the importance of self-care especially for those spending hours at desk jobs.
Dr. Tanya Kelloway
Dr. Kelloway has been practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture since 2009. With a wealth of experience, Dr. Kelloway has successfully treated patients with health problems throughout their entire systems. Her expertise lies in the field of integrative oncology and pain management. Integrative oncology treatment is complementary to western medicine. She supports patients undergoing cancer treatments to reduce negative effects of conventional therapy and help with recovery. She also treats numerous other health concerns including anxiety, depression, chronic stress, adrenal fatigue, migraines, headaches, sinus infections, colds and flu, dizziness/vertigo, infertility, neurological conditions and digestive problems. Tanya is registered with the Alberta Association of Traditional Chinese Medical Doctors, and took some of her training in China.
Medical Laser Technician
Jillian Szoke is a highly trained-certified medical laser technician who has been in practice for over five years. In 2009 Jillian graduated from the National Laser Institute in Scottsdale Arizona where she received extensive laser training. In 2010, Jillian also completed Low Level Laser Therapy Training in San Diego California. Upon her return from school, Jillian has done continuing education to expand her scope of practice to include Dermaplaning treatments, as well as Vela Shape body contouring.
Kathy Grabetz is a Certified Holistic Nutritional Consultant, a graduate of the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. Having experienced depression, weight issues and an overall lack of energy, she knows what it means to want more from life. With nearly a decade of personal and professional experience, she has a passion to help everyone reach thier health goals.
MD, Medical Assistant
After completing her Medical Degree in the Caribbean and clinical rotations in Chicago, Rochelle decided to pursue her passion in functional medicine. Rochelle wears many hats in the clinic as she continues her education. From colon hydrotherapy treatments to cannabis education and administration, Rochelle helps manage and operate the clinic.
COME IN AND CHAT WITH A PROFESSIONAL